Friday 6 July 2012

Unforgettable moments


The end...
The end makes me sad, and I get emotional each time I attend a graduation ceremony, because as soon as the students are pronounced graduates, their lives change forever. Change is good, and in fact it’s great, but it’s painful. There are some people you will never see again, and they are some people you won’t even hear about after a while. Whatever the case may be, I decided to write about the great people I met in the course of my MBA program, and the things I’ll never forget about them. Enjoy!


1.      Ifunanya
Our one and only original yellow legs.I will never forget Ifunaya in the sense that she always says “in the sense that” when she makes a contribution in class. Our one and only original yellow legs.


2.      Obinna
I remember his first presentation where he earned the name Papa Bull (or something like that) and I can never forget his IFC swagger.


3.      Ayoyemi
I don’t think I’ve ever met someone as carefree as Ayoyemi. She makes the most amazing chocolate cakes .Another interesting fact is that we had the same clothes, we just never mistakenly did “anko”.



4.      Raji
Top consultant, Partner, Consulting Club, My group head, Rukayat’s secret admirer. Raji the demystifier, Certified anything certifiable. I know you will still do Phd. Raji knew how to bring people together to get things done. He always organized tutorials with his boys and may other consulting club projects. I will also not forget that Raji took only one course in 2nd year, 3rd Semester…for obvious reasons



5.      Yinka

On the 1st day in LBS, Yinka introduced herself and said she was social, I did not understand until we had the first party as a class. Indeed I understood EXACTLY what she meant. Fantastic dancer, she never gets tired. She taught me how to dance Azonto(…well, I’m still learning)



6.      Tinu
And so, I will never forget the way Tinu always says “and so”.  She always finished her assignments way before the deadline, and I liked to watch her face when she was raising her hands to make a contribution. 


1.      Chibuzor

CEO Onaffel. Special competence in analysing exhibits.  Organisation and attention to detail are Chibuzor’s middle names.

2.      Ada

Ada must bubble, no dulling. She always made me laugh.



3.      Emmanuel
Emmorta. I almost forgot his real name is Emmanuel. I can’t forget how he used to always sleep in class. I hear all the people that sit on that seat always sleep in class. When he changed his seat, he stopped sleeping in class. It must be the seat that has been bit by tsetse fly.



4.      Amaka

Amaka the communicator. Amaka was always communicating something and always had an interesting hair colour. Red today, gold tomorrow, bronze next week, etc


5.      Zino

Zino and her outfits…unforgettable.


6.      Irene
Best married woman dancer, even as she's pregnant, she's still dancing seriously. She is committed to making an impact in the health sector, and channels all her energies there.  



7.      Funmi
Tamilore’s mummy. Between Irene, Anthonia and Funmi, we had the triangle of class participation.


8.      Anthonia
Two things I can never forget are how fast Anthonia’s hand always went up to respond to a question, and how neat her hair always was. Jacker extraordinaire.



9.      Mojeed
Executive Director, “Muller Wears”. The first thing that always comes out of his mouth is “Yeah”, and I can never forget Mojeed’s dance steps. I just loved to watch him dance.



1.      Motunrayo
COO SheaGlo. For over a year, I was deceived by her quiet mien, until I got closer to her. She's anything but quiet. 


2.      Foluke
My fellow AMIP. I can’t forget how Foluke takes her time to speak, and her perspectives to life.



3.      Jide

My first mba boyfriend. Unfortunately our love did not last, as Jide has a thing for variety. However short our love was, I like to think I made a friend for life.



4.      Tolu

Emeritus and her crazy high heels


5.      Fisayo

Dokito Aja. The only married man who has been to the other side…I mean marriage.



6.      Boray
Oliver twist dance, life of a party. He has a confession, don't take it personal.



7.      Jonathan
ToastmasterJojo, passionate about the financial markets.



8.      Motolani
My one and only seat mate. Jacker extraordinaire. She read everything in those binders. I will never forget the way she says, “the case states that….” Nor can I forget Motolani and “my love”.  My Presido! Women Leading Change


9.      Madonna
CEO Bellfast, CEO Rindu. I can’t forget Madonna’s hospitality and how she was always having surprise gifts for us. 



10.  Aghogho

AG 4 Short. Niger Delta represented. He has all the e-books you can ever think of, but he has not read them. The way he laughs makes me laugh too


11.  Akinwunmi

I can’t forget Akinwunmi and his good boy swag. Since year one, he has been practicing forex, till the end of 2nd year, he’s still practicing this forex. I just hope he remembers me in his paradise when he becomes a “maga” from the forex he has been practicing since forever. 



1.      Akin
Owolabi’s first son. I can’t forget the “loving it” saga.



2.      Ezechi
The best DJ I know, and I can repeat that anywhere. Mr nice guy, always happy to help. He  never liked to get into an argument with anyone, and was always punctual to group meetings.  If I watched any movie during the course of the program, it was thanks to Zezu.

     To be continued...




2 comments:

  1. This is so sweet. I read every piece. I wish you all the best in your endeavours. I sure will miss each one of you including anyone I never spoke to (never spoke to? I doubt it. If I never spoke to you, I probably was too scared, but trust me, I must have admired you in secret *wink*).
    Love you guys with a passion :)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Niger Delta guy didn't have 80 GB of books right?

    ReplyDelete