Wednesday 14 August 2013

My Experience

  • The opening words from Enase when we came into the system on the first day was that she felt pity for us on getting admitted into the school and I was like (Shuu, nawa o). Telling us things like our lives was about to change. I remember the first facilitator locked people out just to prove her point that the school has zero tolerance for late coming.
  • Most of the things you would be taught at brush up won’t be graded but it will form the bedrock of your entire program, hold on to the knowledge tightly.
  • As for the leadership junkies amongst you who like to volunteer for many things, be careful so it doesn’t cut into your time for studies (the one I volunteered for is still a thorn in my throat). But trust me, u need all these extracurricular activities to boost you up.
  • All play and no work makes Akpos a ‘runz boy’. LBS got one of the sickest set of exams. Need I remind you, a D grade isn’t a pass mark over here; the minimum you need to pass a course is a C grade.
  • Fear no evil, we party like rock stars, (my MBA9 mentor told me this before I came into the system so I’m telling you too). In our first month my class MBA11 threw 3 parties, need I say, my house party was off the hinges. (By the way, it’s a taboo to wear trousers to the beach during functions; accredited modes of dressing are bum shorts and short gowns) #wicked grin#
  • How could I forget to hint ya’all about our in house bar ‘Gazebo’. Where we meet at the table of men and drink to greatness with the likes of Kelechi (Ezeh Bobo) the dude never misses any meeting, Dotun (never drinks anything in green bottles, ever faithful to the dark bottles), Biggy (the dude is so married to Smirnoff Ice), Pastor Sammy (his on a Heineken diet). The chicken wings and gizzard also taste nice.
  • You will also need all the knowledge to stand Dr. Yetunde Anibaba, she loves to ask ‘WHY’ after every submission you make in class, just to hit the bases of your point. She is one of my favorite.
  • In Dr. Owolabi’s voice
    …………, just kidding, get your MBA first.
              Gidado Oladamola.

No comments:

Post a Comment