Monday 15 September 2014

………..WELCOME……….

Hello….Its Flavia officially welcoming you to LBS…I would want to  first of all congratulate you all who made it through the admission process and finally into this very prestigious institution. I assure you that this would be an experience you all would cherish forever.

Let me start by making one thing very clear and at the same time put your mind at ease. You all must have heard a lot of crazy stuff about the MBA program at LBS. You must have been told of how rigorous and mind blowing the program is. Well, let me clear the air on this very delicate issue.

EVERYTHING YOU HAVE HEARD SO FAR IS TRUE (sorry). Yes! I wrote earlier that it would be an experience you would cherish forever, but I never said it would be easy.


Your 15 months in this lovely place would drive you crazy. You all would get so stretched and tired and even question your decision of coming here in the first place. But the good news is after a while, it comes to you easily. You will learn to move fast and work smart. At the same time, you will develop the ability to think and analyze situations differently and efficiently. As time goes by, you probably won’t realize how much you have evolved until your loved ones tell you. I assure you that in a few months, you would be blown away by how much you have learnt about the business world.

On the bright side, the LBS experience comes with a side attraction, fun times and close-knit relationships. I have met the most amazing people here and I am sure you all would, that is if you open your mind to it. There would be a little bit of tension in the first few weeks amongst yourselves, but don’t worry, that’s just a phase that would pass away with some patience. You all would gradually learn to appreciate the differences in people and love them for the beautiful people they are.

Some beautiful people and myself (at the centre)

Finally, I would want to indulge you all to come here with an open mind. Most of you would be coming from different educational backgrounds and at first it would seem as though some people are at an advantage. But don’t worry; you all would realize that at the end, you all came here for the same reason…TO GROW AS INDIVIDUALS.

3 comments:

  1. I tell you most solemnly for Flavia Okonkwo to type all these to welcome you...... Indeed, you are truly welcome and I raise my hand to support all she has said and welcome you all to the most beautiful learning environment in Nigeria.

    ReplyDelete
  2. flavia no! not this picture! well crafted piece though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your head is there! Bring it on...as in the PARTY!!!

    ReplyDelete