Monday 8 September 2014

WELCOME MBA 13

Salut! My name is Olayinka Adegoke (Director of Socials), I would like to welcome you to the LBS, and you have definitely made the right choice. Here is what I have to say:
Ose and I

  • All your friends are going to ask you if you are the first person to do an MBA. It is not going to be intentional but you will definitely lose touch with a lot of people due to the fact that you have to read and not just read but analyze a lot of cases and also do assignments. My advice to you in the area is to choose either Saturday or Sunday to take some time out to holla at friends and family so they will know you are still alive. LOL
  • Group members and Class mates: You will not do well (I am not swearing for you o) if you do not learn to love and work with your group members and classmates. They are your lifeline, you cannot know everything. It won’t be easy at first, but you will gradually learn to rely on them.
  • Facilitators: They are not teachers oooooooooo, do not be a learner, they are facilitators. They enable the process of learning to happen. This was kinda hard to adjust to, because we were all used to sitting in class and letting our lecturers do ALL the talking, but here you and your classmates will do at least 90% of the talking. Be prepared.
  • Class Participation: Some people will make it seem like a do or die affair, you will be shocked at the “cacophonic teledomias” that comes out of peoples mouth just so that they can get some marks. Ensure you read and analyze your cases at home first and make good use of group meetings and you will be fine, it will come naturally.
  • MBA 13: If you are experiencing any challenges spiritually (Oluchi), academically (Yinka Boy), financially (Olamide), emotionally (Folu), psychologically, physically (Onyanta), socially (My humble self) materially (Seni) etc, our doors are wide open there will be someone who will be able to help you, do not hesitate.
  •  The Food: The price is reasonable and the food tastes good.  You will appreciate it by the time you start internship and realize you have to start eating oily and unhealthy food in order not to starve. LOL 
  • All work and no play makes Jack and Jill dull: You have to learn to find time to relax, “work hard and play hard”. You are going to be invited for a welcome party by MBA 12, you should all be prepared to come or else your class participation marks will disappear. LOOOOOL

If I left any aspect out NO VEX, ask me when you see me. LOL.

1 comment:

  1. I was able to take classes on the weekends at the institute and late nights to accommodate my crazy schedule. It was just perfect. I can't complain about my MBA time.

    ReplyDelete