Thursday 20 September 2012

Azeezat Tijani opens up on the MBA Experience..

May, Azeezat and Mobolaji

One beautiful morning at work I decided to go for a Masters degree , I started applying to universities in Canada and London, I got the admission (yes admission to all the schools I applied to) so it’s time to tell my dad am which one I am going to, and here comes the bomb shell,’’ you don’t have to go so far to get quality education, I know where you can get even something better and you will enjoy ‘’, I was standing there with my pretty sad face and asked where, he said ‘’Lagos Business School, I  have heard a lot about it, you should make enquiries’’. I said ok but wasn’t planning to.

Days passed by, then I decided to find out about the school, I went online and here was it, the prestigious school, it then clicked that I saw the advert right behind a magazine I got during NYSC, hmm, I wondered. I picked up my phone and called the school, I can remember calling months before they started selling the exam form, am sure the lady was tired of answering me all the time, *lol. So I decided to do GMAT also not to lose both ways, because now I was so interested in getting in. Finally after all the GMAT exam and LBS entrance exam, I was invited for the interview, hmm that was where I met Tosin ‘’loud Tosin’’ (but friendly and helpful) he was just talking endlessly and I was wondering hope he doesn’t talk like that all the time, but guess what, he does and my quiet but extremely naughty Mobolaji (my friend and flat mate) the babe was so quiet but it was all a lie.

Mobolaji, Azeezat, Jide MBA 9 and May
My first day, I was late* lol* I never keep to time, but LBS changed that, thank God. So I met my colleagues while they were on the tour and I was excited I was going to be with all these pretty and good looking people for the next 21 months, nice. Then brush up came, I found myself surrounded with May(who thought she could never be the other babe in my life); Uka, the computer guru, Dami( cute die, they say he looks like Desmond), Tokunbo (our dear pastor, always waking me up every internal issues day with praise and worship), Dr Itunu (who decided that the back sit wasn’t helping her cause she was always playing with her phone, but did it really help, *wink ) and just right in front was Pelumi and Nana who both decided to desert us so I was left with my ever smiling Semsem , Sales baba that’s our Babawale, whose hand is always up when the topic has to do with SALES, just the mention of the word, his hand is passionately up, then Ibude with his smooth swag and Dayo, hmm  I thought we had a connection but I was wrong because he is always everywhere.

Then came class participation time with NHB with our darling Kemi who was always smiling at us and encouraging me to talk, I was never the kind of person that will raise up my hand in a classroom, LBS thought me that, I knew I had to step up my game but thank God for brush up which brushed me up, because we had our lovely Nono, my friend,* in Obinna’s voice*, lol, operations was interesting for me as a result of her questions. I saw things from another perspective and then Gbemi with all the case facts. After brush up, we had our first class outing which half of the class didn’t show up for, but it was still fun cause Oyewale couldn’t stop dancing, John made me laugh all through; this made us closer.
Azeezat, Mobolaji, Ayoola, Uka, Bola and John

Months passed by and I just fell in love with all my colleagues, Rume, who must always talk everyday even if he takes the whole class back; Kunle,* the only lawyer we have, Tomi she just likes acting like my school mother, who does that?,* lol* but I just can’t stop loving her; our cute Bola with her ‘to die’ for style; Nike, the cake supplier; Azeezat Ajibola, my name sake and Muslim sister; Mitechelle and Uju, “on-point girls”, they always have their work ready way before the deadline and created time to analyse all their cases and not just reading them, I admire them; Tolu the next governor of I think its Osun state come the year 2022 or 2026*lol*; Omolayo, that received all the prices when we were in high school, and thinks he can do that here, * no price giving day here Omolayo; Segun Dada, he just loves being in the spot light and 1 thing you must know about him, he loves food( comes to my house just to take chocolate and when there is food, lol) no wonder his the welfare guy and he is a great entrepreneur; Segun Adebayo, calls my name in a funny way that I kinda like, calling me “excuuuuuuse me”; Tundun, there is just something about her I like; Seun and Gozie, my neighbours and brothers from another mother; Niyi, *don’t underestimate him*; Jude, our soccer captain; Suberu, my Muslim brother;  Ayoola, the Apple guy and then we have a military man, Olaoluwa, don’t be scared he’s a nice person.
MBA 10 members at a class outing on the beach

I must introduce you to Bolarinwa, he is wonderful with CFA; Ozue, our Class President, a great leader and chess master; Chuka is someone you must meet, he has this swag about him; Toyin, hmm Toyin, Toyin, I like the way she talks and her confidence is something I admire; Chika Amah Otu, you must listen to her; Chika Ezeani, he’s a must meet person, I can remember his SME Logic election  speech, it swept me off my feet (although in a strange direction) but guess what, he became the President;   Tolu girl, she loves to cook and clean; Ikeola and Fiyin, the most quiet girls in the class, wish I could be like that sometimes; Temi, the accountant in the class, she is so helpful and Uzoma, his a very sarcastic  person, so please note. 
Apart from all the interesting, brain tasking and enlightening Marketing, CMA, Strategy, Business Ethics, HBO, Business statistics sessions to mention a few, my colleagues are one of the most amazing people I have met, it’s a class filled with bright and challenging people who will pull you up when you need help. It’s been a wonderful 1st year with you all and am looking forward to the 2nd year because I’m sure it will be breath taking.

MISS YOU ALL  AND A BIG WELCOME TO MBA 11

Tijani Azeezat
Social director MBA10;
President Women Leading Change

Azeezat Tijani is a full time MBA student of Lagos Business School. She can be reached via email; azeezat.tijani@lbs.net.ng

No comments:

Post a Comment