Monday 10 September 2012

Why I Recommend Lagos Business School by Seun Okikiola


Oluwaseun Okikiola, MBA10
When I got an admission for a full time MBA at Lagos Business School (LBS), it was very easy for me to resign my job in order to dedicate 21 months of my life to the pursuit of an MBA. 

That’s because I was getting frustrated with my job, and I needed a new challenge, I desired more   knowledge, and skills that will equip me for a successful career in the increasingly challenging corporate environment of Nigeria. 

My bosses, colleagues, and some family members thought I was making a big mistake by giving up a promising career in banking to pursue a full time MBA at a Nigerian school.

Looking back at the time spent so far at LBS, I can proudly say that I have no regrets for my decision. LBS has broadened my mind, deepened my knowledge of the local business environment, and given me a plethora of exposure into the rudimentary of what it takes to manage resources and solve business problems.

The case study method of learning forces you to think creatively and communicate constructively. The environment is world class. As a matter of fact, people who have been to or studied at some of the top business schools in the world visit LBS and attest to the quality and high standard of the facilities and the environment.   

Another opportunity that LBS offers its MBA participants is access to a rich network of individuals and companies. The career office is also very helpful, giving MBA students an opportunity to be recruited by some of the finest corporate organizations in Nigeria and around the world.

These, and many more, are the reasons why I have recommended and will continue to recommend LBS to anyone seeking an MBA degree in Nigeria.

Oluwaseun Okikiola is a full time MBA student of Lagos Business School. A member of the MBA10 class, he can be reached via email; oluwaseun.okikiola@lbs.net.ng

No comments:

Post a Comment