Friday 21 September 2012

MY MBA EXPERIENCE by May Agoha


May Agoha, MBA 10

Hey guys, May here.                              

You must have seen me posed/ mentioned in some not-so-serious pictures but exciting & hawt pictures like I have seen myself. I have also seen others sampling their “serious-MBAish” pictures and mehn I’ve been looking for my own “serious-MBAish” picture but *clears throat*, I can’t shout.
So moving on…

My experience surely has been a fantastic one. In a class of 50 smart-as-hell individuals, there’s only one thing that can happen to you, you get smarter.

So I’m just going to summarize LBS in 7 short paragraphs;
The facilitators/ Personnel:  You can’t ask for a better bunch. With the drama that each of them bring to the classroom, you just have to find a way to humor yourself as you try to flow of course.

The Binders: The binders…..pause….the binders are …..Well, you will see for yourself in due course...hehehe. Enjoy!!!. But I must tell you, I read every gaddem page in those binders, very exciting stuff, all of it!!! You should too. Eh heh MBA 10…just respect yourselves oo, as you read this my binder true-story. After all, you were not in my room all those times when I was doing my binder vigils and had to pause my movies and even bail on all those parries. Hehehehe.  So MBA 11 peeps, you see, this is the only thing that our whiz kid and I share in common. *grins*

Azeezat Ajibola and May
The Food: Not that I like food that much, as you can see from my “agbani-state-of-mind” well, “state-of-body” in this case but I heard about the food during the information session, you know that gathering of potential ‘admitees’ and I knew I had to check it out for myself. It’s pretty good as you have witnessed for yourselves. Eh hehn, better smile back when the waiters start singing “ENJOY” in your ears and oh! Don’t miss anything that LBS calls a cocktail, the spicy snails are to die for…but please don’t pack in tissue to your houses ooo like I have heard some people do…*wink*, I know how tempting it can be. lol.

The Outings:  Well, I was looking forward to this part of the experience. You can’t kill yasef now, with all the brain damage that LBS will instill in the name MBA. Well, by the time you are done, half way at least I’m sure your phrases will be “if this is what brain damage is like, please let my brain damage every other day”. I guess what I’m trying to say is that it’s worth it after all. So I have tried to make myself available for EVERY outing the class has organized and it’s been swell in every case, with such an awesome bunch, you can’t help but have fun. So from me to you, getting away from all the work will not hurt you in any way, it actually is a relief plus you know what they say all work and no play, you grow bald in one day…gals inclusive- My quote. Hehe.

The Class-Bond: Now the bond is something you all have to put some effort to work out. It’s important. It allows you enjoy a seamless process.  We have really tried in this regard and it has been very rewarding but you know 100% is asking for too much so just work towards an above average percentage like we have.

Azeezat Tijani, Bola, Mitchelle, Chika, May and Mobolaji
The Network: This part of the LBS experience cannot be overemphasized. I am sure that some of you have come here with a major aim to invest in the network of professionals that LBS accommodates. Nobody will hold your hand ooo so don’t wait for a formal introduction. LBS houses a lot of influential individuals and it’s left to you to make the most out of it. For the ladies, just smile and tilt your head to one side, and tell ‘em…’oh you are the CEO of Swift? I enjoy your services, they are remarkable’…you can’t begin to imagine the outcome of that short sentence…..wait, please don’t quote me yet…lol. What I meant to say was don’t leave your intellect behind, bring it along with your charm, and then you can proceed with the head tilt. For the guys, I don’t know, sort yourselves out joor.

The Courses:  Well you know you they can’t all be interesting. Some might be boring as hell but don’t take even those ones for-granted. I have just realized during this three months that mehn, everything comes in pretty handy. I was like a super star to the MBA graduate from Birmingham working with me, thanks to all the assignments that Doyin Slami (you’ll meet him in the later part of your 1st year) and others made us do. So all in all, the courses have been carefully selected to make you stand out and for all intents and purposes trust me, you will.

Then;
Suberu, Bola, Obianuju, May, Temi and Azeezat Ajibola
The Class Participation: You see this part, it’s not by force o, well it is but not compulsory especially when you don’t quiiite know what in the world they talking about, because you must have somehow honestly skipped those pages in your binders, not that you didn’t want to read all the 21 tiny-printed pages sha, it just happened and for real you can’t blame yourself just sit tight, and nod vigorously. I tell you most solemnly, it works. You must also beware of those cold calls when you stop nodding for just two seconds…hehe. You’re toast. I’m talking to all the back benchers..lol.
And the final point,

The romance: Eh hehn see for this one eh, my class dulled me die….I was seriously looking forward to some ‘kine’ romantic romantic entanglements but the guys just dey fine show somewhere else.. I don’t understand it…MBA 10 guys mehn..you all are mmuah! but see this aspect, I have not been entertained at all and now that MBA 11 is here the chances are even slimmer but God dey we will be watching you, with 3D goggles. I know all your go-forth-and-conquer plans..lol..and now everyone does too. Wait guys, what I’m trying to say is that I am actually rooting for you. MBA 11 gurls, MBA 10 guys are a special bunch ooo…so when you meet anyone of them, keep an OPEN mind…hehe.
And there you have it, The Summary. If I have missed out anything, I’m sure you will catch it from some other write-ups, if you haven’t caught it already.

From My humble self;
May Agoha
Vice President/ Treasurer, MBA 10.

Looking Forward To Seeing You All. Welcome On Board!!!

May Agoha is a full time MBA student of Lagos Business School. She can be reached via email; may.agoha@lbs.net.ng

3 comments:

  1. May, your insight into LBS is so down to earth and entertaining. No airs! I half expected to get some kinda lecture... All the best babes! Just excel!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is one of the most hilarious blog i have read. nice one May (thumbs up). i guess am now inspired to join you guys in 2012, hopefully.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Obu O Oliver MBA810 December 2012 at 06:48

    Wow!! You ve got the MBA spirit in you. Interesting write up.Brilliant! *your name on my list with a double Star *

    ReplyDelete